Museums and places of interest
Arts & Culture
Utrecht’s art and culture scene has got plenty to offer for everyone. We have lined up some of our favourites here, but there is always much more to see and do. Feel free to ask us for recommendations about exhibitions, events, or markets. We are always up to date about what is going on in our city!
Museums: Central Museum, Railway Museum, Museum Speelklok, Sonneborgh Museum & The Observatory, Museum Catharijneconvent, the Dom Tower and DOMunder.
Music & Theatre: TivoliVredenburg, Tivoli De Helling, Stadsschouwburg Utrecht, ’t Oude Pothuys.
Movie Theatres: Louis Hartlooper Complex, Springhaver
Markets: Fresh farmers market at Vredenburg square: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday 10 am till 5 pm. Flower and plant market at Janskerkhof: Saturday 8 am till 5 pm. Fabrics market in the Breedstraat: Saturday 8 am till 1 pm
Restaurants, café's, bars
Food & Drinks
As MUZE Hotel is situated right in the heart of Utrecht, you are never far away from delicious restaurants and cosy bars. We recommend trying out some of the classic brown bars at Ledig Erf, in walking distance of the hotel. The Westerkade, Oosterkade and Rotsoord are filled with coffee bars and good restaurants.
Coffee & Cake:
- KEEK at Twijnstraat: Organic bakery, lunchroom and shop with fresh produce.
- Carla’s Conditorie. A cosy cafe with delicious home-made cakes, situated on a quiet square next to the Dom tower.
- Bakery Theo Blom on the Zadelstraat: Here you can get the classic chocolate Dom towers, a local favourite since its invention in 1922.
- Orloff aan de Kade: Great for a bite to eat with a large, sunny terrace along the water.
- LE:EN: unique restaurant serving Asian fusion food and great cocktails.
- Koenraad: new hotspot in town with delicious food, started by our friendly neighbour Koen!
- Vis en Meer: Fish restaurant situated in a cosy, busy laneway in the city centre where you can find many more restaurants and bars.
- Cafe De Poort around the corner of MUZE Hotel with many craftbeers and boardgames. Good for a rainy afternoon!
- De LiK, every had a drink between the walls of a former prison?
- Olivier, cafe serving craft beers in a hidden church in the city
- Werkspoorkathedraal, an old factory building that is now transformed into a hip brewery with a large terrace
Something to Celebrate:
For a special celebration or you want to treat yourself a bit more, we recommend the following restaurants:
- Heeren van Leeuw: High-end culinary restaurant along the historic canal of Utrecht
- De Watertoren: A unique heritage building, the old water tower of Utrecht, with great food and even better views over the city
- De Goedheyd: Warm and cosy atmosphere, great quality food
As Utrecht is a popular city, we recommend making a reservation to secure your spot. We are happy to help you with that, just let us know!